As you may have guessed by now we LOVE Valentine’s Day Resources.. we love all the reds, oranges and pinks and the lovely heart motifs… what is not to LOVE about Valetine’s Day Crafts for kids.If working with little kids, you may also want to check out our Valentine’s Crafts for Preschoolers!
The thing about Kids’ Valentines Day Ideas, is that although we made these love crafts for Valentine’s, you can actually make them for so many other oaccassions too – e.g. Mother’s Day Gift ideas, or friendship gift ideas at the beginning or end of Summer holidays or Summer camps.
Afterall.. you can use any occassion to tell some one you love them or care about them, not just Valentine’s Day. So though this collection of Kids Valentine’s Day Idea ostentatiously are for Valentine’s Day, do also keep them in mind for Birthday’s, Friends and other gifting days.
This is just a HIGHLIGHT of our favourite Kids’ Valentines Day Crafts. As many of you will be aware we run an annual 31 Days of Love guest post series in January, so we literally have 100s of amazing crafts for you to check out and browse. I have tried to group them into a many themes as possible for easy browsing!!!
The most popular are:
- 101 Heart Crafts
- Kids Valentine’s Day Cards
- Valentine’s Day Decorations
- and Valentine’s Science Ideas
I also tried to group today’s Kids Valentine’s Day Crafts round up into sections for easy browsing!! I hope you like it.. feedback always welcomed. Many of these crafts make fantastic classroom Valentine’s activities and make a great alternative to candy gifts.
Valentines Salt Dough DIY Ideas for Kids
We love Salt Dough Crafts and Valentine’s Day is yer another great opportunity to get this basic kids craft ready. Here are some sweet Salt Dough Kids Valentines Crafts for you:
- We need to make this Salt dough footprint heart – these make precious keepsakes for sure!
- Salt Dough Thumbprint hearts -love the “Thumbody loves you” pun
- Microwavable Salt Dough LOVE necklace
- Saltdough Fridge Magnets– these Heart fridge magnets are super easy and oh so cute to make
- Saltdough Button Heart Ornaments or necklace – we love these salt dough hearts – they make perfect little Valentine’s Ornaments or give them as necklace gifts to friends
- Easy Conversation Hearts Necklace – adorable BFF gift!
Some little Valentines Heart Sewing Projects – Felt Hearts
How about practicing your sewing skills this Valentine’s. Here are some easy Kids Valentine’s Day Sewing projects. We love working with felt – it is easy to push the needle through and no matter how neat or “not so neat” your sewing, we think the results are adorable. Three different felt heart sewing projects for kids to make!
- Kawaii Felt Heart Mobile – this such an adorable Valentine’s Day Decoration (you will want to keep this up all year round)
- Cute Heart Brooch – these are great BFF gifts that the kids can make.
- Felt Heart Keychains – we have used these as keychains, as well as Christmas Ornaments… a great example how a Valentine’s Day Craft can be used all year around!
- Surprise your friends with some fuzzy Monster Backpack Charms this Valentine’s (heart shaped of course!!)
- Adorable Sewing Machine Heart for kids to sew!
- Cutest Heart Softie Pattern!
- Layered Felt Heart
Valentine’s Bookmark Ideas
We couldn’t have a kids crafts “round up”, with out some of our favourite Corner Bookmarks, right? And as always.. we have some fabulous Valentine’s Day Bookmarks for you here!!! We love making these “printer quality paper”, though they work with most construction paper too!
- Love Bug Corner Bookmarks – so easy so cute! The kids will love them
- Showering you with Love Bookmarks – based on Pink Stripey Sock’s Paper Plate guest post – another adorable little make
- Finally, a Kirigami Heart Bookmark Corner – again easy and quick
- Printable Heart Bookmark (Print, Colour and Make)
- What a Hoot – Valentine’s Owl Corner Bookmarks (Printable worksheets for classroom use available)
- I am Batty About You –Valentine’s Origami Bat– Bookmark or greeting card. (Printable worksheets for classroom use available)
Though this is a “Read Alotl”, you could easily turn this Axolotl bookmark into a “Love You Alotl” bookmark! (Printable worksheets for classroom use available)
Some adorable Yarn Valentine’s Decorations & Crafts
Next up we have some fun wool or YARN related Valentine’s Day Decorations!! I bit of knitting, pom poms and weaving…
- Have a go at Finger Knitting and make these lovely little finger knitting heart ornaments
- Or have a go at this fantastic Paper Plate Heart. This sewing heart craft is so fun to make. Aren’t they gorgeous? These would make a great alternative to the traditional door wreath
- Finally, make some Valentine’s Day Wall Decorations with this great Pom Pom Hearts How to!
- Yarn Wrapped Heart Bookmarks – darling!
- Learn the basics of Needle Felting with this how to make a needle felted heart bookmark
- More fun with Needle Felting with these Needle Felted Heart Decorations.
More Kids Valentine’s Day Decorations
- 3D Paper Heart – we love the bright colours of these 3d Paper Hearts (complete with printable). A great paper craft to decorate with at Valentines.
- More paper crafting fun, with this great interpretation of Valentine’s Day Decoration with this “naughts and crosses” garland. So cute! Perfect for both “normal” paper or construction paper!
- Grab your hot glue and make these Twiggy Heart Decoration – also would make a lovely gift idea
- Another easy Valentine’s day crafts idea, is this beautiful White Clay Heart Bunting – check out the white clay recipe and turn it into a beautiful garland for Valentines and beyond.
- Or back to paper crafts, have a go at these paper strip hearts
- Heart shaped wings
- Bobbing Flower Bouquet
- An easy Valentine’s Day Crafts idea to make with the whole family and kids of all ages: Adorable 3D Arty Hearts – with beads and buttons. This would also be a fantastic classroom craft too!
Quirky and different make some “Love is in the Air” Cardboard Planes (incl. Printable)
- Fantastic Heart Bulletin Board is a great way for tweens or teens to decorate the bedroom this Valentine’s Day
- 3D Paper Fan Hearts
- Pet’s Valentine’s Day Treats (includes Printable)
- Super cute and easy Rocket Wall Hangings
- Easy 3d Paper Penguins for Valentines
- Recycled Love Bugs
Recycled Tinsel Heart Decorations a super cute way to use up any glitter tinsel left over from Christmas.
Our favourite Valentine’s Cards for Kids
As mentioned we have a WHOLE post dedicated toKids Valentine’s Day Cards, so many great and different ideas for kids to make of all ages. So in this section we have just picked out some of our favourites. It really was a VERY hard choice to make.. but hopefully you will like this Valentines Card selection and will hop over for yet more ideas! This really is but a small selection…
- Practice your scissors skills, with thise super fun Paper Snowflake Hearts – love how these fold up and pop into an envelope.. then open up as a fabulous card/ wall decoration
- Paper Quilled Hearts – a fabulous introduction into the art of paper quilling with stunning results
- Who doesn’t love a squishy card?! Learn how to make Squishy Heart Cards easily
- Or maybe your kids are into emojis.. another great quilling project for Valentine’s
- If you want something a little different, make some PURRRFECT Pop Up Cat cards
- Finally, get arty with these Winter Valentines Cards
- PrintablePrintable Heart Notebookwould make a great Valentine’s Day Card too!
- Heart Bouquet Cards– love how these open up into heart shape cards. Adorable.
- Make friendship rocks instead of cards: Our Friendship Rocks! These our favourite Valentines Rocks to decorate for family members and classroom friends!
- Surprisingly easy POP UP Heart Valentine’s Card
- Adorable Mini Vase Cards for real flowers
- Printable Heart Glasses (perfect for Photo Shoots and Card Making) – a super simple craft that encourage the use of fine motor skills
- Easy Pop Up Bear and Pop Up Cat Card – you are Purrrrfect!
- I love you Whaley Much. Make the basic card and then have fun with heart stickers to decorate (or cut out some heart confetti yourself)
- BFF Conversation Heart Buddies (with free printable)
- More fun with these 3d Heart Gnome Cards (printable worksheets for classooms available)
- Similarly we have some fabulous 3d Heart Axolotl Cards (printable worksheets for classooms available)
- And a cute origami doodle gnome card too! (printable worksheets for classooms available)r
- How gorgeous are these Pour Painted Rocks? Pour Painting is a super fun technique that kids will love.
- Or why not give Paint Pen Heart Rocks a go? I think these woul dbe particularly love to make from a tween to grandparents at Valentines.
Arty Valentine’s Day Decorations/ Valentine’s Day Art Projects
The Heart Inspiration continues. Next up, we have a great set of Art Tutorials for Kids of all ages – you can make them simply as Valentine’s Process Art for kids or as Valentine’s Day Decorations. Decorate your walls, windows, notebooks.. or turn them into greeting cards… lots of different art projects for Valentines. Again, this is just a small selection, with many more to be found in our Kids Valentine’s Day Art Projects round up!
- Crayon Shaving Window Catchers
- Puffy Paint Hearts– and easy and great Puffy Paint Recipe – that would look great as Cards or Garlands or simple wall decorations
- Giant Conversation Heart DIY Art Project
- Pinata Hearts– fun Pinata Hearts – great for a Valentine’s Day Party or decoration
- Process Art Heart Wall Hanging– wonderful process art decorations
- Gorgeous Black Glue Art project – comes complete with printables over on thisBlack Glue Heart Art project post! You can paint these on paper or have a go at putting these on a keepsake canvas too.
- Adorable Egg Carton Flower Bouquet – Moms always love flowers, don’t they?!
- Easy Painted Paper Flowers – another great one for Mom or Grandparents
- Get the marker pens out and have a go at this printable game! You can then use as a decoration or Valentine’s Day Card too – go and grab your free Stained Glass Valentines Printable!
Explore your creativity with these fabulous Chalk Pastel Hearts Art project – a step by step guide to using chalk pastels!
Arty recycled fun with this Love Struck Lion Craft – Toilet Paper Roll Lion – so cute! Pop over and check out the fun step by step instructions for making this toilet paper roll Valentines craft!
Toilet Paper Roll Valentines Crafts
Use toilet paper rolls or cardboard tubes cut in half if you prefer.. either way a paper roll is super versatile and fun to craft with!
- Kawaii Hearts are perfect asValentines Gift Boxes, but would also be lovely for Mother’s Day or as Birthday Gift Boxes!
- What a Hoot! We are rather partial to all things OWL CRAFT related.. how cute are theseyarn wrapped owl gift boxes? So fun. Again, these would be suitable for Valentines Gifting, Mother’s Day or Birthdays!
- And another version of the fun Valentine’s Owls.. are theseheart shaped owlsmade from paper tubes. So sweet!
And of course, toilet rolls make great pyramid shaped boxes – which are perfect for making adorable little Toilet Roll Gnome Gift Boxes!
Valentine’s Day Gifts for kids to make
- Heart Tea Lights– awww so cute – you “light up” my life! How adorable. Love the little tissue paper lids and ribbons, make them super simple and pretty!
- Valentine’s Day Bracelets– these cute little penguin bracelets would be super fun to make and receive. A lovely friendship gift to make at Valentines.
- Heart ShapedBath Bombs– bath bombs are a great gift to make and give and cross the line between Crafts, Gifts and SCIENCE! Love. A great Teacher’s Gift at Valentines or again brilliant for Mom!
- Rather adorablePerler Bead Picture Frame! These make super duper cute gifts for a friend or a family member. My kids will be all over these!
- ThePinch Pot Heartsare easy to make and great to make all year round.. but especially lovely asValetine’s Day Craft for Kids, or aMother’s Day Craft!
- Another fun valentine’s day craft idea that classmates, will love, are these DIYHeart Fidget Toys
Some fun Valentine’s Day Science Projects to try
We love science and a greatValentine’s Day Science Ideas– here are some of our favourite..
- Fizzy Heart Science– what makes these hearts fizz?
- Ice Colour Theory– super simple, explore colour theory with these melting heart ice cubes
- Optical IllusionSnowglobe Love Bear – watch the love bear magically appear in the snowglobe
- Balancing Hearts Science Activity(includes free printable)
- Fun with Salt Heart Decorations!
If you are looking to work with a younger age groups, we have more greatValentines Crafts for Toddlershere:
I am a knowledgeable and enthusiastic expert in the field of Valentine's Day crafts for kids. I have extensively researched and explored various Valentine's Day craft ideas, including heart-themed crafts, cards, decorations, and gifts suitable for kids of all ages. My expertise extends to a wide range of crafting techniques, such as sewing, felting, paper crafting, and yarn-related crafts. Additionally, I am well-versed in the intersection of Valentine's Day crafts with educational activities, such as science projects and art tutorials for kids.
Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids
Valentine's Day crafts for kids encompass a wide range of creative activities that are not only suitable for Valentine's Day but can also be adapted for other occasions. These crafts include heart-themed projects, cards, decorations, and gifts that are perfect for expressing love and care. The following sections provide detailed information on the concepts used in this article.
- Heart crafts are a popular choice for Valentine's Day and can be adapted for various creative projects, including cards, decorations, and gifts.
- Examples of heart crafts include salt dough footprint hearts, thumbprint hearts, love necklaces, fridge magnets, button heart ornaments, conversation hearts necklace, and more.
- These crafts offer a range of options for kids to express their creativity and create meaningful keepsakes and gifts [].
- Sewing projects, particularly those involving felt, provide an opportunity for kids to practice their sewing skills while creating adorable Valentine's Day crafts.
- Examples of felt heart sewing projects include a felt heart mobile, heart brooches, heart keychains, and fuzzy monster backpack charms, all of which can be used as decorations or gifts [].
- Valentine's Day bookmark ideas offer a creative way for kids to make personalized and functional crafts.
- Examples of Valentine's Day bookmarks include love bug corner bookmarks, heart-shaped owl corner bookmarks, and printable heart bookmarks, providing a variety of options for kids to express their creativity and share their love [].
Yarn Decorations & Crafts
- Yarn-related Valentine's Day decorations encompass a range of crafting techniques, including finger knitting, pom-pom making, and yarn wrapping.
- Examples of yarn crafts include finger knitting heart ornaments, paper plate hearts, yarn-wrapped heart bookmarks, and needle-felted heart decorations, offering diverse options for kids to create unique decorations and gifts [].
Valentine's Day Decorations
- Valentine's Day decorations include a wide array of crafting projects that can be used to adorn homes, classrooms, and other spaces.
- Examples of decorations include 3D paper hearts, paper strip hearts, twiggy heart decorations, paper fan hearts, and 3D arty hearts, providing opportunities for kids to engage in creative and festive crafting activities [].
Valentine's Cards for Kids
- Valentine's cards for kids offer a platform for creative expression and thoughtful gestures, allowing kids to make personalized cards for family members, friends, and classmates.
- Examples of Valentine's cards include paper snowflake hearts, squishy heart cards, pop-up cat cards, mini vase cards, and printable heart glasses, providing a range of options for kids to create unique and heartfelt cards [].
Valentine's Day Art Projects
- Valentine's Day art projects encompass a variety of creative activities, including crayon shaving window catchers, puffy paint hearts, pinata hearts, and black glue heart art projects, offering kids opportunities to explore different art techniques and create beautiful decorations [].
Valentine's Day Gifts for Kids to Make
- Valentine's Day gifts for kids to make include a range of craft-based gift ideas, such as heart tea lights, bracelets, bath bombs, perler bead picture frames, and pinch pot hearts, providing kids with options to create meaningful gifts for loved ones [].
Valentine's Day Science Projects
- Valentine's Day science projects offer engaging and educational activities for kids, including fizzy heart science, ice color theory, optical illusion snowglobe love bear, and balancing hearts science activity, allowing kids to explore scientific concepts in a festive context [].
In summary, the concepts used in the article cover a wide range of Valentine's Day crafts for kids, including heart-themed crafts, cards, decorations, gifts, art projects, and science activities, providing a comprehensive resource for engaging and creative activities for children.